Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mac Users, Eat Your Hearts Out!

Anyone that knows me personally knows I make no secret of my bias against Apple. One of the most annoying, and false, arguments by Mac users is how they never have to worry about viruses. Well guess what, a Russian anti-virus firm just released a report showing that 600,000 Macs were infected with a trojan discovered back in September of last year.

To quote the article, "Dr Web also notes that 274 of the infected computers it detected appeared to be located in Cupertino, California - home to Apple's headquarters." Someone at home isn't updating their own software.

This may come as a surprise to some Mac users, but the only reason you haven't had a huge virus problem like standard desktop users (they're IBM-clones, not PCs! PC = Personal Computer, which also covers Macs) is that they were not worth the effort! Not enough people used them. But with all the iPhones, iPads, and more standard Mac users out there they are becoming worth the effort. Get ready for the flood folks.

1 comment:

  1. Still offended by bad reasoning, eh?

    I seem to remember some folks you agree with use the "I like Macs because not as many people are trying to break into them" response... which, to be fair, is totally different from singing "I am a rock, I am an island"!

    ReplyDelete